Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm busted! I installed the SP2

Yes folks I installed the SP2 today. I must admit I was impressed with the
ease of instillation process too. It is kind of slow to install, and the
download on my DSL took 40 minutes. It actually to me took longer for the
SP2 to install than it did to download.
I am so far impressed with it too. First the hoopla about not having a
choice about certain aspects of the security like the firewall and the auto
updates... I got asked if I wanted these on or off. A shield shows in the
taskbar and a click of the mouse gives you the options of what you want on
and what you want off.

I decided to turn the auto updates off, but I kept the firewall check on and
the antivirus check was left on also. I am hoping that this is added
protection incase a virus or Trojan should sneak onto my box and disable
these.

If you install this please take the time to read the windows that pop up.
and be sure your box is clean before you even install this. Later on I will
update and let you all know if I have any problems with the SP2.

No comments: